Its no-frills attitude towards building cars is practical and versatile without compromising on comfort and safety. This has made Dacia one of Europe’s favourite range of car models distinguished by robustness, reliability and affordability.
New Dacia Duster
Rugged and robust
New Dacia Sandero
The smarter supermini
New Dacia Sandero Stepway
Small but mighty
New Dacia Sandero and Stepway
All-New Sandero Stepway
Protection of your personal data matters to Renault (trading as Dacia).
The data you provide when making a request through Dacia Media Control to our customer care department is processed by Renault as data controller for the purpose of processing your request.
The legal basis for such processing is the performance of the contract.
Other than these data, Renault does not collect Personal Data from your vehicle or phone when you’re using the Dacia Media application (e.g. eco score, Speed, Fuel Consumption, Trip report,
Vehicle Settings, contact list, last trip details, distance to destination). You retain full control over this data as this data is stored on your phone, and can delete it at any time by deleting and uninstalling the application from your phone.
In accordance with applicable laws, you have rights over your personal data, including the right to request access to your information, to have your information corrected or erased, to object to processing of your information, based on grounds relating to your particular situation, and to restrict processing of your information. You may ask to receive a copy of your information in a structured and standard format.
For more information on the conditions of processing of your personal data by Renault within the framework of your relationship with us, how to exercise your rights on your data, and useful contact details, please read the Privacy Notice.
Groupe Renault continues to ensure compliance with regulations on protection of personal data (hereinafter the "personal data") and puts it at the heart of its ethics, as described in its Group Personal Data Protection Policy available at https://group.renault.com/nos-engagements/le-groupe-renault-et-vos-donnees-personnelles/
Indeed, Groupe Renault believes that personal data protection is essential for building a relationship of trust with its customers. As such, it intends to ensure the greatest transparency in the personal data processing that it carries out on the personal data that its customers provide or that it collects through the various contacts its customers may have with it.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to provide you with detailed information about the conditions for the processing of your personal data by Groupe Renault to provide you the R&Go / Dacia Media service, as well as the rights and options available to you to control your personal data and protect your privacy.
For more information on data processing by Renault (trading as Dacia) for other services in Malta, https://www.renault.com.mt/privacypolicy.html
1- WHO PROCESSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Renault SAS processes your personal data as an independent data controller. The contact details for Renault SAS’ Data Protection Officer are as follows: Renault SAS, Direction juridique – Délégué à la protection des données, 13/15 quai le Gallo 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt.
2- WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
"Personal data" means any information that can be used to identify you either directly (such as your name) or indirectly (e.g. using a unique customer number).
Generally speaking, we undertake to collect only the personal data necessary for each of the purposes for which we process your personal data.
The personal data we collect depends on our interaction with you and may include information about:
• Your identity and contact details (surname, first name, postal address, email address, telephone, etc.),
• Your vehicle identification data (brand, model, registration, VIN number, etc.),
• Data concerning the use of our mobile app, as well as our communications.
As such, the data required to respond to your request or meet the needs of a contract or legal obligation is pointed out in the collection forms (in particular by asterisks). If you do not wish to provide the mandatory data, we may not be able to process your request or provide you with the relevant services.
We encourage you to keep us regularly informed in writing of any changes to your personal data.
Other than the data provided by you to register for your Dacia Media account, Renault does not collect Personal Data from your vehicle or phone when you’re using the Dacia Media application (e.g. eco score, Speed, Fuel Consumption, Trip report, Vehicle Settings, contact list, last trip details, distance to destination). You retain full control over this data as this data is stored on your phone, and can delete it at any time by deleting and uninstalling the application from your phone.
3- WHAT IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA USED FOR?
Within the context of our relationship, and in line with the context in which your personal data is collected, we may use your data to:
A - Manage our commercial relationship
Objectives Legal basis
Management of your complaints This processing is based on our legitimate interests (prevention of legal action)
Responding to your possible requests to exercise rights in relation to your personal data (see the section on "your rights")
This processing is based on our legal obligations and may involve checking your identity
When you are in contact with our call centres, our objective is to best meet your demands. To improve the quality of our services and to train and assess our employees, your calls may be recorded. However, you may oppose this at any time and without reason.
B - Manage services provided by your connected vehicle and on-board applications
Objectives Legal basis
Provide you with connected services and on-board applications
This processing is justified by the fulfilment of the agreement you have entered into with us
We are committed to respecting your privacy, but we remind you that it is your responsibility to inform any other user or the buyer of the vehicle about the conditions of processing of their personal data.
C - Conduct studies and analyses
Studies and analyses are conducted to measure our performance, assess the quality of our products and services and the level of customer satisfaction, and to continuously improve them.
Objectives Legal basis
Conduct analyses to improve customer satisfaction
This processing is based on our legitimate interests (to improve our products and services)
3.3 – The length of time for which we keep your data
In accordance with the regulations, we are committed to keeping your personal data only for the time necessary to achieve the objective pursued, to meet your needs, or to meet our legal obligations.
In determining this time, we take into account, in particular, the following:
• The length of your contract, and
• The time required to process your request or complaint.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is deleted from our systems and records or made anonymous so that we can no longer identify you. However, it may be necessary to archive some of your personal data in order to be able to respond to any legal proceedings, throughout the statute of limitations provided for in the applicable legislation.
4- WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Within Groupe Renault, we ensure that only those people who are duly authorised for their functions and tasks to process your personal data are allowed access.
In order to process all or part of your personal data, we call upon trusted third-party providers acting as processors in accordance with our instructions and solely on our behalf, including:
- Hosting, operation or maintenance of our databases,
- Customer relations management to deal with your enquiries (call centres, communication tools, etc.)
For all of this data sharing, we ensure that we only work with trusted companies and secure these relationships (contracts, audits, guarantees and security tests, etc.).
In some cases, we may share some of your personal data with partners, who will use it for their own purposes. In such a case, these partners shall act as data controllers and their personal data processing policy shall apply to the data shared. We make sure to ask you for your consent to this sharing when required by the regulations, or at least to enable you to object.
5- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
5.1- Your rights
You have several rights under personal data protection regulations:
A right to object to the processing of your personal data, provided you have grounds connected with your particular situation, and the right to request the limitation of your personal data processing, in some cases as provided for in regulations.
A right to information: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and understandable information about how we use your personal data and about your rights. This policy is an example of this.
A right of access to your personal data: you have the right to obtain information concerning the processing of your personal data (including the data that is used, for what purposes, etc.) and a copy thereof.
A right of rectification: you have the right to correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete, despite our efforts to keep it up to date, enabling us to comply with our obligation to have up-to-date data about you.
A right to the portability of your data, i.e., under certain conditions, the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used computerised format, and for it to be transmitted to a third party if technically possible.
A right to erasure (or right to be forgotten): you have the right to have your data erased or deleted. This right may be limited in light of our contractual or legal obligations (contract in progress) (prevention of legal action in particular).
A right to define either general or specific guidelines regarding certain types of processing, with respect to the retention, deletion and communication of your personal data in the event of your death. You may change or delete these guidelines at any time. You may share these special guidelines with us by writing to the address below.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information and Data Protection Commissioner https://idpc.org.mt/ about the processing of your personal data. We encourage you to contact us prior to any claim, so that we may attempt to resolve your problem together. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your data, please contact email@example.com.
5.2- How do I exercise them?
You can update your contact details and manage your marketing preferences directly in your user account (MyRenault, MyDacia, etc.).
To exercise any of your rights please either contact us by phone on: +356 21433601 (Standard network rates apply from mobile or landline phones) or by email : firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Auto Sales Limited, Mosta Road, Lija LJA 9011 Malta. We may request certain information or documents (identity document, vehicle registration document) when we fail to identify you or to identify your vehicle data.
6- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA KEPT SECURE?
Your personal data is stored on secure servers. We put in place, and require from our processors and partners, appropriate data security and data protection measures in line with the latest technologies.
When personal data processing involves transferring data, we ensure that this transfer is carried out under appropriate conditions that ensure an adequate level of protection, security and confidentiality.
Whenever possible, your data is processed in Malta and the European Economic Area (EEA). However, as some of our service providers or their processors are located in countries outside of the EEA, your personal data may be processed in those countries. Some of these countries may have different personal data regulations from those of the European Union. In such a case, (i) we pay particular attention to ensuring that this transfer is carried out in accordance with the applicable regulations and (ii) we put in place safeguards ensuring an adequate level of protection of your privacy and fundamental rights (in particular by using the European Commission's standard contractual clauses). Upon simple request sent to the address indicated in the "What are your rights?" section, we can provide you with more information on such transfers (in particular the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses).
7- MODIFICATION OF INFORMATION
We may change this information from time to time. We will inform you and/or seek your consent whenever such consent is necessary or required. We therefore recommend that you consult this policy each time you visit the application in order to review the latest version.
Version 1 updated on 23.04.2021
This new version is a major overhaul of the previous version. It is more accessible and more comprehensive. Here you can find all the terms and conditions governing use of your personal data (in particular the complete list of our purposes). The processing of your personal data for connected services and on-board applications is now included in this policy. We provide you with new information about profiling. This version also provides more transparency about the recipients of your personal data, within or outside our group.
General T&C of use Media Control
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE DACIA MEDIA CONTROL
The object of these general terms and conditions of use (hereafter, "terms and conditions") is to define the rules for the use of the Dacia Media Control application edited by RENAULT sas (hereafter "RENAULT") for Dacia branded cars. Renault SAS is located in France, 13/15 quai Le Gallo 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt.
For the needs hereof:
"Application Dacia Media Control" or "Application" refer to the software and content of Dacia Media Control, which is the property of RENAULT or third-party software publishers, and for which the conditions of access are specified in these terms and conditions;
"Terms and conditions" refers to these general terms and conditions of use
"Customer" refers to the owner of the vehicle and/or the user of the Dacia Media Control application
"Features" refers to the content offered by each of the Functions;
"Functions" refers to the categories that the Customer can access in the Application under the conditions set out in the terms and conditions.
The Functions included in the Dacia Media Control Application are the following:
"Vehicle" refers to any vehicle from the DACIA range fitted with the "Radio Connect Dacia Media Control" car radio on which the Application is available and compatible.
2 – ACCEPTANCE AND EFFECTIVE DATE
The Customer acknowledges that prior to using the Application for the first time, he/she is aware of the terms and conditions and accepts them unreservedly.
The terms and conditions take effect from the time of acceptance of the terms and conditions by the Customer.
RENAULT reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions at any time by publishing a new version. Those changes will come into effect from the time of their publishing online and will therefore be applicable to any Customer from that time on.
3.1 - In order to use the Dacia Media Control Application, the Customer must fulfil the following technical conditions:
• Possess a vehicle equipped with a radio system compatible with Connect Dacia Media Control radio;
• Possess a smartphone or tablet PC that uses the iOS 9 or Android 4.4 operating system (or a more recent version) and is equipped with:
• A Bluetooth system compliant with the profiles AVRCP, AD2P, and SPP, of standard 2.1 at a minimum (or more recent);
• A GPS antenna for the Navigation Service
• A SIM card for the smartphone or tablet PC
• A telephone service contract for some Features, such as ActiveTraffic®. The use of those Features that require an Internet connection may increase the amounts billed on the telephone service contract. RENAULT is not responsible for any additional charges incurred on the telephone service contract or other amounts that may be billed.
• Some Features may be downgraded or unavailable as a result of specific modifications made to operating system by the manufacturer of the smartphone or tablet PC or by the software developer and/or the publisher of the operating system. In the event that the Customer's smartphone/tablet PC does not allow for the Application to Features, the Customer is encouraged to contact the customer relations department specified in Article 6 to learn of a possible technical solution.
4. THE FEATURES OF THE DACIA MEDIA CONTROL APPLICATION
The Dacia Media Control Application is a practical Application developed for integration with your Dacia branded Vehicle. Its interface with four Functions is designed to allow you to use the Telephone, Multimedia, Vehicle, and Navigation features ergonomically and intuitively. For example, with the different functions you will be able to do the following:
• Telephone: make and receive calls easily while driving, access the Customer’s phone contacts
• Multimedia: listen to the Customer’s preferred music: from telephone, from radio stations, or from a USB flash drive,
• Vehicle: monitor the information from the on-board computer, use the Driving Eco2 features. The last trip data will be stored and available in the Application until the next trip. The car can also be located where it has been parked and navigate towards this destination. Navigation: set a destination for the journey and navigate towards this destination. The last trip and ECO2 performances are displayed in the application at the end of the trip
• Calendar : Access directly from Dacia Media Control application to the calendar
5. DOWNLOAD AND ACTIVATION
The Dacia Media Control Application can be downloaded for free from the online application store of the Customer's smartphone or tablet PC (e.g. Apple App Store or Google Play).
The Application is activated (making all the Features of the Application available) via the Bluetooth connection between the smartphone or tablet PC where the Application is installed and the Vehicle. Following activation, it will be possible to start using the Features.
6.1 The Customer is informed that RENAULT reserves the right to make technical development modifications to the Content that will not result in any change of quality, nor in the characteristics of the Functions for the Customer.
6.2 Availability of Features
The availability of the various Features may vary, according to:
• the existence or lack of a connection with a compatible radio; in the absence of a compatible radio, the Features available to the Customer will be restricted.
• the model of the Vehicle that Dacia Media Control application is connected to;
• Internet access conditions;
• the specifications of the smartphone or tablet PC;
• According to the agreement of Customer to collect his data of geolocation and/or to access his phone contacts, the access to some Features might be restricted.
• The Customer is informed that RENAULT reserves the right to make any modifications to the Features that DACIA considers necessary.
The Customer acknowledges that given the electronic nature of the Dacia Media Control Services, Internet access difficulties and temporary service interruptions may occur at any time for technical reasons.
In the event that the Application malfunctions, the Customer can call the DACIA Customer Care department, which will provide user assistance at the following customer service email email@example.com.
DACIA will do its utmost to resolve the malfunction as soon as possible if the first level user assistance has not allowed for it to be resolved.
8. DISCLAIMER OF RESPONSABILITY AND WARRANTY
8.1 To the extent required by applicable laws and regulations, and with the limitations of this clause and the terms and conditions as a whole, RENAULT may assume its liability for the use of the Application and give its commitment with respect to the speed, performance or quality of the Application.
Access to the Application may be temporarily and periodically suspended for technical reasons; for example, by reason of, but not limited to, technical and other interventions carried out on RENAULT's systems to ensure the proper functioning of the services or their improvement (maintenance, software updates of systems, etc.), or malfunctions of telecommunications systems attributable to telephone network operators.
RENAULT will take all reasonable measures to correct these disruptions without delay or to facilitate their correction.
Access to and use of the Application is at the Customer’s own risk. The Customer is responsible for taking all appropriate measures to protect its own data and/or software stored on his mobile phone and tablet against any breach.
In any event, RENAULT will be released from any liability:
-in the event of non-compliance by the Customer with these terms and conditions;
-in the event of a malfunction of the Application due to a cause, voluntary or involuntary, attributable to the Customer or attributable to a third party or to a malicious act, software, smartphone/tablet, interface or any other product or supply of the Customer;
-in the event of malfunction and/or failure of the Custome’s communication network, whatever the cause;
-in case of any direct or indirect damage arising from the use of the Application while driving.
-in the event the use that the user gives to the App turns out to be contrary to public policy or morality, or in violation of any of the above restrictions
8.2 Disclaimer of warranty linked to the "Launcher" feature
The "Launcher" feature allows the Customer to launch third-party applications already installed on the Customer’s smartphone via the Dacia Media Control Application.
RENAULT gives no guarantee, express or implied, and accepts no responsibility with regard to the use or content of such third-party applications. The Customer acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for the use of any such third-party applications, as well as the information and services accessed via those applications, and acknowledges that neither RENAULT nor any of its subsidiaries, nor the members of the DACIA network, may be held responsible for any direct or indirect damage, including any material or non-material loss, loss of data or programs, or financial loss resulting from access to, or use of, those third-party applications via the Dacia Media Control Application, or in particular, arising from the interruption, suspension, modification, or deletion (even partial) of the aforementioned third-party applications.
RENAULT may, taking into account the circumstances, apply any measure that it deems necessary or appropriate to the "Launcher" feature. In particular, RENAULT may interrupt, limit, suspend, or totally or partially restrict access to third-party applications, without prior notice or compensation, (i) if the Customer engages in behaviour or activities forbidden by the laws or regulations in force or by the terms and conditions, or (ii) if the third-party applications infringe on the laws and regulations in force, or contain viruses or spyware likely to damage the Dacia Media Control Application, slow down its functioning or, more generally, interfere with its proper functioning.
8.3 In all cases, RENAULT will be exonerated from any responsibility:
• in the event of non-compliance by the Customer with the stipulations set out in the terms and conditions;
• in the event of non-compliance with the specific user conditions stipulated in the terms and conditions of the third-party application;
• in the event of malfunction of the Application as a result of a cause, voluntary or involuntary, which is attributable to the Customer, or to a third party, or to a malevolent act, to software, to the smartphone or tablet PC, to an interface, or to any other product or supply belonging to the Customer;
• in the event of malfunction and/or breakdown in the Customer's network originating from the Customer or a third party;
• in the event of legislative or regulatory changes affecting the Dacia Media Control Application.
Moreover, the Customer acknowledges that as the Application may be provided by means of communication networks, RENAULT’s responsibility may in no way be engaged in the event of malfunction of the aforementioned communication networks, subject to the conditions set out in articles 8.1 of these terms and conditions.
9. CUSTOMER'S RESPONSIBILITY
The Customer accepts and agrees to inform his/her passengers and any occasional user of his/her Vehicle of the rights and obligations set out in the terms and conditions. When the Customer uses the Dacia Media Control Application, he/she agrees to do so in compliance with the articles of these terms and conditions.
The Customer is wholly responsible for the use of the Application and for any use of the data/information received through the Dacia Media Control Application, even if the Customer is not the individual using that data/information.
RENAULT is not responsible for the loss of data/information linked to use of the Application.
The Dacia Media Control Application must be used in accordance with the highway code of each region, as well as the laws in force in each country, in which the Customer is located.
10. SALE OR PERMANENT TRANSFER OF THE VEHICLE, TRANSFER OF THE SOFTWARE
On the occasion of the sale or permanent transfer of the Vehicle to a third party, the conditions for transferring the user licence will be defined by the manner of its acquisition.
• If the licence was offered free of charge with the purchase of the Vehicle (activated in accordance with Article 4), that licence is permanently associated with that Vehicle and must also be transferred to the new owner/user, who will then have to go through the process of downloading and activating Dacia Media Control Application again via his/her smartphone or tablet PC.
• If the licence was bought as an option via an online store, then it is not associated with the Vehicle and the user rights remain with the purchaser of the Application. The new owner of the Vehicle will, if he/she wishes to use the Dacia Media Control Application, have to download it to his/her smartphone or tablet PC and purchase the user licence.
• A purchased user licence is never transferable to a third party.
11. INTELLECTUAL/INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
The Application is protected by intellectual and/or industrial property rights.
The photographs, texts, slogans, pictures, images and animated sequences, both with and without sound, as well as all works included in the Application, are the property of RENAULT s.a.s. or of third parties who have authorised RENAULT to use them.
Reproductions on paper or in digital format of the aforementioned Application and and of the vehicle models featured therein are permitted provided they are strictly reserved for personal use, excluding any use for advertising and/or commercial and/or information purposes, and that they comply with the provisions of article L 122-5 of the French Intellectual Property Code.
With the exception of the above provisions, any reproduction, representation, use or modification, regardless of the process and medium, of all or part of the Application, and vehicle models on the Application, without having obtained prior authorisation from Renault Sport Technologie and/or Renault s.a.s, is strictly prohibited and represents an infringement of copyright punishable by three years inprisonment and a fine of €300,000.
The designation Dacia Media Control Application, RENAULT, the RENAULT logo, the names of vehicle models, products and services offered by Renault s.a.s, as well as its slogans and the logos accompanying those brands are, unless otherwise stated, registered trademarks of RENAULT s.a.s. or of third parties that have authorised their use by RENAULT s.a.s.
The reproduction, imitation, use or affixation of these trademarks without obtaining prior authorisation from RENAULT s.a.s or their respective certified operators represents an infringement of copyright punishable by four years inprisonment and a fine of €400,000.
Subject to the provisions of these terms and conditions, users shall not copy, modify or reproduce in any form all or part of the information and components appearing in the Application, , or act in a way that infringes the intellectual property rights of RENAULT s.a.s and of third-parties having authorised RENAULT s.a.s to use them. The use of an intellectual property right belonging to RENAULT s.a.s, or a third-party having authorized its use by RENAULT s.a.s, not expressly authorised by the terms and conditions is strictly prohibited.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
The language governing these terms and conditions is Maltese.
These terms and conditions are subject to the Maltese Law.
• If the Customer is not a commercial merchant, the competent court will be chosen in accordance with the Maltese law. The Customer may undertake a conventional mediation procedure or adopt any alternative means for settling disputes;
• If the Customer is a commercial merchant, the competent court will be the Courts of Justice.
13. OTHER LICENCES: OPEN SOURCES
Licences used by the Dacia Media Control Application:
• HockeySDK - http://hockeyapp.net/releases/ - Custom license - https://github.com/bitstadium/HockeySDK-Android/blob/develop/LICENSE
• Picasso - http://square.github.io/picasso/ - Apache 2.0 - http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
• objc-geohash - https://github.com/lyokato/objc-geohash - MIT - https://github.com/lyokato/objc-geohash/blob/master/LICENSE
• Calligraphy - https://github.com/chrisjenx/Calligraphy - Apache 2.0 - - https://github.com/chrisjenx/Calligraphy/blob/master/LICENSE
• Jackson Core - https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-core - Apache 2.0 - - http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
• Jackson Databind - https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-databind - Apache 2.0 - - http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
• FastScroller - https://github.com/danoz73/RecyclerViewFastScroller - Apache 2.0 - - http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
• PrettyTime - https://github.com/ocpsoft/prettytime - Apache 2.0 - - http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
• SDWebImage - https://github.com/rs/SDWebImage - Custom license - https://github.com/rs/SDWebImage/blob/master/LICENSE
• jre_emul - https://github.com/google/j2objc - Apache 2.0 - https://github.com/google/j2objc/blob/master/LICENSE
• CocoaLumberjack - https://github.com/CocoaLumberjack - BSD - https://github.com/CocoaLumberjack-/CocoaLumberjack/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
• Android-Rate - https://github.com/hotchemi/Android-Rate - MIT - https://github.com/hotchemi/Android-Rate/blob/master/LICENSE